Features designed with you and your vehicle in mind. The Platinum100 gives you the ultimate in portable speeding ticket protection and puts you in control of where and when you hear police radar and laser alerts. With K40, you’re ready to drive right out of the box. The Platinum100 is pre-programmed for optimal protection for most drivers, with the ability to customize features to your exact driver preferences
Optional Wireless or Hardwired Remote Control – The Platinum100 is the first portable radar detector built with your safety in mind. You now have the option to control your Platinum100 with a remote control. You can purchase the Platinum100 with or without a hand-held remote control, or special order a hard-wired, back-lit, Expert remote control option and have your retailer custom install it into your vehicle.
The Latest Technology for Long Range Protection – The Platinum100 includes engineering enhancements that will inspire confidence to drive with the very best speeding ticket protection available today.
- New LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology that increases range and sensitivity.
- A more powerful CPU for a more responsive system and greater customization options.
- USB is updateable for future expansion.
GPS Features – The Platinum100 offers you full customizable GPS technology features such as:
- Mark to Mute – Mute audible warnings of non-police radar locations you regularly travel past by pressing the MM button on your remote control
- Mark to Alert – Mark locations to alert such as dangerous intersections, speed traps, school zones, and red-light cameras by pressing the MA button on your remote control.
- Speed Monitor – Track your speed without taking your eyes off the road and be alerted if you exceed your selected speed.
- Quiet Ride – Mute all alerts under a pre-selected speed. Eliminates alerts when driving at or near the posted speed limit (default setting is 20 mph).
- Auto Filter – Sensitivity automatically adjusts to the optimum setting based on your vehicle’s speed. This “set it and forget it” options means you always have just the right amount of protection. Less sensitivity at lower speed means fewer false alerts, and increased sensitivity at higher speeds means more time to slow down.
Advanced filtering technologies built into K40 radar detectorsAdvanced Filtering – The Platinum100 is packed with advanced filtering technology to make it the quietest, most dependable radar and laser detector available today.
- K-Band Filter – Automatically rejects false alerts from radar-based safety features like Collision Avoidance and Lane departure Warning from other vehicles (including your own).
- Traffic Sensor Filter – Rejects alerts from traffic flow sensors usually encountered during highway driving.
- Ka-Band Filter – Enables filtration of non-police Ka-Band radar signals, e.g., other radar detectors and satellite broadcast bands.
Radar Band Selectivity – The Platinum100 offers you the option to choose specific band frequency ranges that you wish to be alert to. Make the drive even quieter by honing in on specific frequency ranges used only by a police officer’s radar gun.
- K-Band Narrow/Wide/Extended – This allows you to customize the frequency range of K-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
- Ka-Band Narrow/Wide – This allows you to customize the frequency range of Ka-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
Optional K40 Laser Defuser® Protection – Become invisible to police laser guns. The Platinum100 allows you to plug in your professionally installed Laser Defusers, so that audible and visual alerts appear on your Platinum100 display. Don’t just be alerted to police laser guns; combat them.
|Operating Frequencies||10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band) , 23.950 – 24.285 GHz (K-Band) , 33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band) , 830 – 945 nanometers (Laser)|
|K-Band Selectivity , K Narrow , K Wide (DEFAULT SETTING),K Extended||Scans specific K-Band frequency ranges ,24.080-24.200 GHz,24.026-24.285 GHz,23.950-24.285 GHz|
|Ka-Band Selectivity, Ka Narrow ,Ka Wide (DEFAULT SETTING)||Scans 100 MHz above/below the most important frequencies, 33.7-33.9 GHz / 34.6-34.8 GHz / 35.4-35.6 GHz, 33.4-36.00 GHz|
|Power Requirements||10.05 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground , 185 mA typical standby|
|Dimensions||4.50 in. L x 3.50 in. W x 1.45 in. H|
|Optional Wireless Remote Control||3.07 in. L x 1.43 in. W x .45 in. D (CR2032 Cell Battery)|
|Optional Expert Control Unit||1.76 in L x 0.76 in W x 0.35 in H w/attached 8? cable|
|Radar Receiver Type||DLNA, Dynamic Low Noise Amplifier|
|GPS Receiver Type||SiRFstar III|
|Signal Strength Indicators||Audible Geiger and visual signal strength indicators|
|RDD Guard||Protection from Radar Detector Detectors|
|Temperature Range||-40° – +165° Fahrenheit|
|Coiled Power Cord||3’2″ coiled length / 4’6″ stretched length – 1.3mm center tip positive – F2AL 2 Amp fuse.|
|Straight Power Cord||10′ length – 1.3mm center tip positive – F2AL 2 Amp fuse.|
|Highway||Detects X, K, Ka-Band, and laser signals at full sensitivity. (Factory Default) ; Recommended Use :For highway travel or in any area in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.|
|City||Decreases range and sensitivity on X, K, and Ka-Bands. Laser detection remains at full sensitivity.; Recommended Use :When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.|
|Filter||X-Band off. Further range and sensitivity reduction of K and KaBands. Laser detection remains at full sensitivity.; Recommended Uses:When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.|
|Auto||Adjusts range and sensitivity on all radar bands based on vehicle speed. Laser detection remains at full sensitivity.0-45 mph = Filter setting sensitivity. 46-55 mph = City setting sensitivity. 56 mph+ = Highway setting sensitivity.; Recommended Uses: Allows for less sensitivity in low-speed situations and more range and sensitivity in higher speed situations.|
|“Female Voice”||Choose a male or female voice for audio alerts.|
|“Voice On”||For all initial audio alerts. “Voice On” uses voice, “Voice Off” uses tones only.|
|“Wake-up Long”||“Wake-Up Long” is a standard 5-second sequence. “Wake-Up Short” uses an abbreviated sequence. “Walke-Up Silent” display only, no audible.|
|“Auto Volume On”||Automatically reduces volume every 3 seconds.|
|“White”||Choose white, red, blue, amber, or green accents for OLED display.|
|“Speed/Compass”||Speed/Compass, Speed/Voltage, Speed/All Threat on the left, and right of the display.|
|“5-Bar”||5-bar or 3-bar alert display setting.|
|“Time-Off”||Enable to see a clock in the center section of the display.|
|DST (Active when “Time-On”)|
|Off||Enable Daylight Savings Time.|
|GMT (Active when “Time-On”)|
|-5||Sets time zone according to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Common North American time zone settings: •GMT – 05:00 – Eastern Standard •GMT – 06:00 – Central Standard •GMT – 07:00 – Mountain Standard •GMT – 08:00 – Pacific Standard •GMT – 09:00 – Yukon Standard •GMT – 10:00 – Alaska/Hawaii Standard|
|“X-Band On”||Enables the detection of X-Band radar.|
|“K-Wide”||•”K-Wide” scans the standard range of K-Band frequencies that police radar guns can use. •”K-Narrow” scans the primary K-Band frequencies of police radar guns being used. •”K-Extended” scans radar frequencies below the standard range of speed enforcement technology that may be used in your area now or in the future.|
|“Ka-Wide”||•”Ka-Wide” scans the entire possible range of Ka-Band frequencies that police radar guns can use. •”Ka=Narrow” scans the primary Ka-Band frequencies of police radar guns being used.|
|“Ka-Filter Off”||Enables the filtration of Ka-Band non-police radar signals.|
|Traffic Sensor Filter|
|“Traffic Sensor Filter Off”||Enables the filtration of K-Band signals from traffic flow radar sensors to reduce false alerts.|
|“MRCD Off”||Enables MRCD/CT photo radar detection.|
|MRCD/CT Filter (Active when “MRCD/CD-On”)|
|Off||Reduces false alerts when MRCD/CT detection is enabled.|
|“Laser On”||Enables the detection of Laser.|
|Optional Laser Defuser|
|“Defuser On”||Enables Laser Defusers if installed and plugged into the Platinum100|
|“Laser Constant Transmit”||Choose Constant, Pulse, or Receive-Only mode of the K40 Laser Defuser system if installed.|
|“Miles Per Hour”||Choose miles per hour or Kilometers per hour.|
|Low Battery Warning|
|“Off”||Warning tone sounds if vehicle battery power drops below 11V.|
|“Auto Power Off”||Turns the power off if speed stays at zero or if GPS is not connected for one hour.|
|“Factory Reset”||Restores original factory default settings.|
|“Exit”||Exit the settings menu and save your selections.|