The M2D4-12IB Color Optix™ 12” DVC 4-Ohm infinite baffle subwoofers deliver loud, clear, accurate bass, and light the way for your journey! M2 provides a customized look by using either the stainless-steel grille or the black “sport” grille inserts. The subwoofers connect with the Rockford Fosgate Color Optix™ Controller and RF Connect App, allowing you to customize your own color patterns. The Element Ready™ design and IPX6 certification makes them truly purpose-built for marine or motorsport applications where protection from damaging UV rays and water spray is essential. This subwoofer is optimized for Infinite Baffle installations, where an enclosure is not required.
Thanks! You're on the list!
The M2 series of Element Ready™ subwoofers are designed to pair with the Rockford Fosgate Color Optix™ Controller and RF Connect App through its Deutsch™ and Amphenol™ connectors integrated into the basket. This combined with their IP67 certification make these speakers Element Ready™ and truly purpose built for marine applications. To compliment the plug and play connectivity and streamline installation, M2 subwoofers are equipped with a VersaSwitch™ to make changing impedance between 2 and 8 ohms as easy as flipping a switch. This subwoofer is optimized for Infinite Baffle installations, where an enclosure is not required. A mounting baffle is required to isolate any interaction between the front and rear wavelengths to prevent cancellation.
- Element Ready™ design protects lighting from exposure
- Adjust color experience to suit your taste with Rockford Fosgate® Color Optix™ controller (optional)
- Bright, wide-angle LEDs provide rich, reliable illumination
- Integrated Deutsch™/Amphenol™ connectors make wiring connections simple and error proof
- Industry’s first molded in-frame connectors for simple connectivity in addition to conventional spade terminals
- VERSA impedance switch quickly allows series or parallel configuration without additional wiring
- 100% UV Stable ASA plastic frame & grille design stands up to harsh marine environment
- Gold plated Marine grade brass connection terminals provide a corrosion resistant, maintenance free connection
- Deutsch DT connectors incorporate a front and rear silicone sealing system to protect against environmental ingress
- 2-piece grille allows for interchangeable stainless-steel or "sport" option
- Optimized for infinite baffle applications when an enclosure is not an option
- Injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone body with UV inhibitors
- Provides superb low and midrange frequency reproduction with smooth high frequency roll-off
- VAST vertical attach surround technique increases effective radiating cone area up to 25%
- Klippel Verified certification program delivers the best possible loudspeakers
- IPX6 Water Intrusion Rated
- 2-Year Warranty
Adjust your own bright, wide, and limitless lighting experience with the Rockford Fosgate Color Optix™ plug-and-play controller and App (sold separately.)
These subwoofers are protected against Dust, UV, Water, Corrosion, and feature Stainless hardware.
Dual Integrated Deutsch™ and Amphenol™ connections provide industry leading marine plug-and-play connectivity and flexible install options
Allows you to easily switch Dual Voice Coils into a Series or Parallel configuration.
The Vertical Attach Surround Technique significantly increases a subwoofer's effective radiating cone area up to 25%.
Klippel is a speaker certification program allowing us to deliver the best possible subwoofers.
Water projected in powerful jets from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
This product fulfills all essential safety and environmental requirements as defined in the European Directives (768/2008 EC).
ASTM B117 500Hr Salt/Fog Testing Standards
ASTM G154 500Hr Accelerated UV testing
ISO60068-2-64 Vibration testing standards ensure the product is durable and can withstand vibrations found on watercraft and motorsport applications.
|Nominal Impedance (Ohms)||2-Ohm or 8-Ohm Switchable|
|Power Handling (Watts RMS)||400 Watts RMS |
1,600 Watts PEAK
|Voice Coil Type||Dual Voice Coil|
|Voice Coil Diameter||1.95" (49.53 mm)|
|Magnet Weight (oz)||61.09 oz. (1.7 Kg)|
|Frequency Response (Hz)||20 Hz - 750 Hz|
|SPL (dB @ 1w/1m)||88|
|SPL (dB @ 2.8v)||90|
|Woofer Displacement||0.121 (3.43 Liters)|
|Speaker Connector||2-pin Deutsch™ and 1/8" Spade|
|Cutout Diameter||11" (279.4 mm)|
|Mounting Depth||5.13" (130.4 mm)|
|Shipping Weight||14.26 Lbs. (6.47 Kg)|