Born to Play On Water
The best way to enjoy your music on the water, is with Alpine's fully IPx5 water resistant marine head unit, the CDA-118M.
- marine CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Marine-ready IPx5 waterproof rating, plus full UV and salt fog certification
- KCU-440i iPod control cable included
- Plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (except Digital Rights-protected files)
- Wireless marine remote control-ready
iOS - iPod, iPhone or iTouch Compatibility
It’s convenient to control your iPod or iPhone music in the car – enjoy seamless operation of your iPod in addition to full control of all your favorite media sources. Control all search options of your iPod directly from the head unit via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast or Composer. The USB connection allows for high-quality iPod playback and delivers an even faster access speed so you’ll find songs as quickly as you expect to find them on your iPod.
Find it Fast with Quick Search and Alphabet Search
Get access to and control of all the songs from your iPod or iPhone right from the head unit! Large music libraries are no problem with a faster connection speed. With Quick Search featuring Alphabet Search, you can easily scroll through long lists of music by skipping through the letters of the alphabet. Once you find the letter you want, you can jump to the exact song! With so many ways to listen to thousands of songs, now you can get super-fast access to Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre and Composer.
AAC Codec Support
The cda-118m supports the AAC codec for video & audio playback.
WMA Codec Support
The cda-118m supports the WMA codec for audio playback.
MP3 Codec Support
The cda-118m supports the MP3 codec for audio playback.
Front USB Port
With a dedicated USB input and USB cable, you can even connect USB memory devices like thumbdrives. Song lists on USB devices are displayed in alphabetical order and allow eight levels of file / folder search capabilities. This unit will find music files while ignoring other file types on the USB device.
Rear USB Port
The USB port behind the chassis allows for high-speed USB connections to the iPod®, iPhone® or USB drives. With a dedicated USB input and USB cable, you can even connect USB memory devices like thumbdrives. Song lists on USB devices are displayed in alphabetical order and allow eight levels of file / folder search capabilities. This unit will find music files while ignoring other file types on the USB device.
24bit D/A Digital Audio Conversion
For unrivaled sound quality, expect nothing less than the best. The cda-118m uses a 24-Bit DAC for ultimate sound quality with all your digital media sources.
Triple pre-outs allow the ability to retain f/r fading and the control of a subwoofer from your alpine radio equipped with this feature.
Sirius XM Ready
With the cda-118m, you not only get music, premier sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic and weather information when you add the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner. You also get these advanced SiriusXM features:
Tune Scan and Tune Start
Tune Scan and Tune Start are new SiriusXM features included in the cda-118m. The Tune Scan feature scans through songs from your music channel presets. You can end the Tune Scan and continue listening to the currently broadcast song in its entirety. With Tune Start, whenever you tune to a preset music channel, the current song will automatically start playing from the beginning.
Tag That Song
When you hear a song you like, simply press and hold down the cda-118m’s Volume button for two seconds. The iTunes® Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPhone®. The next time you connect your iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
It's Game Time
Want to know if your favorite NFL, NBA, NHL or college football or basketball team is playing live? The cda-118m has GameAlert™ that will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
The cda-118m supports the SiriusXM Replay™ function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite content again, or hear content you missed while listening to another channel.
They're Playing Our Song
Want to make sure you hear your favorite music whenever it’s being played? With SongAlert™ and Artist Alert™ you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to.
Have lots of music? Find it fast! With Alpine's exclusive Quick Search technology, you'll be able to find what you want, the quickest and easiest way possible. With so many ways to listen to thousands of songs, now you can get super-fast access to playlist, artist, album, song, podcast, genre and composer, even use Quick Search to access your radio stations. Large control buttons and a Touch Screen make it easy to search all sources, including iPod, Satellite Radio and HD Radio. No interruptions, while you search, so you can keep enjoying your music. For especially big music libraries, the Alphabet Search function allows you to jump to specific parts of your music library by letter. Save yourself from scrolling through each song one by one, when you can just jump to a segment of your library with a touch of a button.
Steering Wheel Remote
Replace your factory-installed head unit without loss of this convenient option. The cda-118m allows you to control your head unit directly from your factory installed steering wheel controls. A third party adapter is required; check for popular brands such as Soundgate or PAC). If your car has factory Bluetooth® steering wheel control, this can be used with the cda-118mS’s built-in Bluetooth® as well.
iPod Cable Included
Super-Fast USB Connection
The cda-118m uses a USB connection (USB-to-iPod cable included) for newer iPods that provides ultra-fast digital data transfer so songs and video are loaded instantly through the receiver, on-screen. Thanks to USB, you can also alternatively plug in a USB thumb-drive loaded with music, instead of your iPod or iPhone.
*USB connection is compatible with iPods (5th generation), iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPod nano (1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation).
Radios that are remote ready can be controlled by RUE-4202 for ease of use.
Power Pack Upgradable KTP-445A
With Alpine, expect the premium sound your ears deserve. This head unit allows you to customize your crossover adjustments so you can control where you send high and low frequencies, for the best sound from your cda-118m. For a true power upgrade, just add-on the KTP-445A Power Pack to instantly increase your head unit’s power from 18W x 4 RMS to a true 45W x4 RMS (based on CEA-2006 power ratings). Now we’re talking about some serious sound!
Power Pack Upgradable KTP-445U
Add the KTP-445U Head Unit Power Pack! It delivers a true 45W x 4 RMS power and is compact enough to install behind the cda-118m or any other tight space.
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
CEA-2006 Power Rating: 4 I? @14.4 V Ƈ%THD+N, S/N 80 dBA (ref.1 W into 4 I?), 18 W x 4
Max Power Output Ratings
Max Power Output: 50W x 4
- Tuning Range: 87.7-107.9 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 9.3 dBf (0.8 A?V/75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 13.5 dBf (1.3 A?V/75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80.0 dB
- Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio: 65.0 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35.0 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2.0 dB
- Tuning Range: 530-1,710 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 22.5/27.0 (A?V/dBf)
- Frequency Response: 5-20 k A?1 dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): 85 dB
- Dynamic Range (1kHz): 95 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.008% (at 1 kHz)
- Wow & Flutter (%WRMS): B.M.L.
- Oversampling: 8x/352.8 kHz
- Audio Signal-to-Noise (S/N): 105 dB
Connection for iPodA?
- USB Requirements: 1.1/2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 500 mA
- USB Class: Mass Storage
- File System: FAT 12/16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media' Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ''/m4a'' file
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5-20 k A?1 dB (Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.008% (at 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 95 dB (at 1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105 dB
- Channel Separation: 85 dB (at 1 kHz)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to 15
- High Pass Filter: OFF/60/80/100Hz (Selectable)
- Bass Level Control Range: A?14
- Bass Center Frequency: 60/80/100/200Hz (Selectable)
- Bass Band Width Adjustment (Q): 4 choices (1 =narrow, 4 =wide)
- Treble Level Control Range: A?14
- Treble Center Frequency: 10/12.5/15/17.5 kHz (Selectable)
- Remote Control: Not Included
- Model Number: RUE-M1RF
- Water Proof: IPx5
- UV Coating: ASTMG154
- Salt/Fog: ASTMG117
- Din Size: 1.8
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 181.5 mm x 51.5 mm x 187 mm
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) in: 7-3/16'' x 2-1/16'' x 7-3/8''
- Nose Piece Size (W x H x D) mm: 200 mm x 92.5 mm x 50 mm
- Nose Piece Size (W x H x D) in: 7-7/8'' x 3-5/8'' x 2''
- Power Requirement: 14.4 (11-16) V.DC
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2 V
- Operating Temperature (A?C/ A?F): 60 A?C (140 A?F) to -10 A?C (14 A?F)
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30A? from Horizontal
- Weight: 2.0 kg (4 lbs. 6 oz)